Sat, Feb 25|
Happy, Healthy Hips
A yoga-inspired flexibility and mobility training workshop, focused on creating healthy and happy hips!
Time & Location
Feb 25, 2023, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hassocks, Unit 2 Redhouse Farm Brighton, Road, Hassocks BN6 9BS, UK
About the event
The hips are designed to move in so many ranges of motion; forward and back, out and in, round and round.... But our usual daily activities (sitting, driving, walking) seldom take advantage of all these wonderful movements, which can lead tightness and discomfort.
Unlock your hips in this flexibility and mobility workshop delivered through the discipline of yoga asanas (postures).
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- A short hip-focussed yoga flow to get your body warmed up and tuning into our own individual ease and range of movement in our hips.
- Learning about different flexibility techniques and mobility drills to work deeper into the hip joint and surrounding muscles
- Exploring Middle Splits/Samakonasana with plenty of props and variations to make this advanced hip-opening yoga pose accessible to all!
- A restorative yoga session to wind down and 'close' the hips; bringing balance back into the body.
WHO'S THIS WORKSHOP FOR?
- Anyone who sits a lot (working, driving, Netflix binging - most of us!) can experience a shortening of the hip flexors leading to discomfort and tightness.
- Anyone who runs, cycles or walks a lot - repeatedly taking your hips through a singular range of motion can lead to imbalance and injury.
- Yogis, dancers, climbers (etc!) looking to improve their hip mobility to perform better in their discipline.
- ALL abilities welcome - props and variations galore to help everybody find happiness in their hips
Healthy, Happy Hips£25.00Sold Out
This event is sold out